5 Action Movies of 2026 Streaming Now

I am back with my weekly dose of movies after a couple of weeks off. Interestingly, I have been watching quite a few action films these days. This is out of my comfort zone. But I am doing it anyway. This is the list of action films I have watched so far.

1. In the Grey: Jake Gyllenhaal and Henry Cavill together. I had to watch it. It's an out-and-out political action film, very pacy, very on the go. I ended up liking it because of that and Eiza Gonzalez as Rachael. When was the last time I saw Rosamund Pike in a positive role? I don't know; I don't remember. I mean, here, too, she is the bad guy. This is a good watch for action movie lovers.

Rachael is a hotshot lawyer who forms a team of fixers, led by Sid (Cavill) and Bronco (Gyllenhaal). A game of some deceit and mind play, along with ample action, follows. Directed by Guy Ritchie, the action sequences obviously give you the much-needed dose of adrenaline rush on a lazy day. 

2. The Runner: Here's an honest confession. I have never watched Wonder Woman. So, basically, I don't think I had watched that much of Gal Gadot before. But this movie gives you the chance to catch her up on every frame. I am not even kidding. She is there in every moment, like, literally, as she runs throughout the film. So, if you still like her, this movie is for you. 

In this British movie, Gadot plays a lawyer who gets continuous calls from the abductor of his son and is instructed to perform a series of almost impossible things to save him. Again, a very fast-paced action movie that would not let your mind rest for even a while. Gadot's stunts in some of the scenes are remarkable. Some of the scenes look monotonous, but overall, it's an enjoyable watch. Directed by Kevin Macdonald, the movie is a good one-time watch.

3. Mercy: Mercy takes us to a futuristic America, where justice is in the hands of an AI-run judicial system. Detective Raven (Chris Pratt) finds himself tied to the court of Mercy on charges of his wife's murder, held by AI Judge Maddox (Rebecca Ferguson). He has exactly 90 minutes to prove his innocence without leaving the scene and using only his memory and other information. What comes next is a highly interesting chain of events.

Directed by Timur Bekmambetov, this film features a compelling plot. More than the action, the chain of events and the way Raven is challenged at every moment take the viewer on an interesting journey.

4. Dust Bunny: This is a movie from 2025. It's an action fantasy movie, starring Mads Mikkelsen as Resident 5B, an assassin who is hired by his 10-year-old neighbour, Aurora, to kill the giant Dust Bunny, whom she doubts killed her parents. 


What follows is an unusual bonding between the two amid some highly charged action sequences. I watched the movie with my daughter. Although it's not a typical family film because of some violent scenes, it's an enjoyable watch. Directed by Bryan Fuller, this film is different because of its fantasy element. 

5. Crime 101: Mike Davis (Chris Hemsworth) is a Jewel thief who is chased by Detective Lou ( Mark Ruffalo). Davis gets into a heist with Insurance broker Sharon (Halle Berry). The three get entangled in a much more complicated game than they are ready for. 

Ruffalo's performance is so convincing that you feel like he should be there in every frame. Interestingly, he plays the most boring character out of the 3. Directed by Bart Layton, I highly enjoyed watching this film.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Durbin (Binoculars)

That Same Forest, That Same Fire #BlogchatterBloghop

Top 5 Classic Bengali Patriotic Films #EveryConversationMatters