Travelling Back to the Land of Fairy Tales
When it rains, I feel dull. My inner child screams, "muddy-puddles-yippy," but my outer serious mommy says, " noooo." In this everlasting dilemma of whether to embrace the rains or to just pass it off as a natural hazard, I am choosing to get into the forgotten land of fairy tales today. No, no, I have not got hold of any time machine, so let my mind be the Time machine for today. Hopefully, my inner child would be happy now.
Oops, here I was now, a world full of mythical creatures- was that a unicorn? It just galloped past me. Wait, who were those tiny men over there? Holy me, those were elves, with long ears, peeping out of their long hats. I could hear waves somewhere nearby. Was the shore not far off? Oh, here! The sea just popped out of nowhere! But who was that sitting on the shore? A pretty girl with red hair and a fish-tail. That's Ariel- our little mermaid. I went to her. "Hey Ariel, how are you? You look upset." She appeared sad, looking at me, shedding tears. What was she gesturing about? Oh, yes, she was not able to speak, as the evil Sea-Witch had taken her voice from her. It hurt me to see her like that. I had to do something from my side. I would be with her for a day and accompany her so that I could provide some joy in her sad life.
See, now it was evening, and I had spent the whole day with Ariel. She took me for a dip in the ocean. My first Scuba diving. We picked seaweed and gathered coral from deep underwater. Before I parted, she made a lipstick with those, similar to the shade of her tail. I consoled her, " Don't worry, friend, you will be free from this curse very soon. I know. You are strong and resilient."
As I left the shore, I was surprised to find myself near a big house with a garden. A pretty girl with curly golden hair and tattered clothes, dusted with ashes, was looking for something there. I approached her, and she got excited. "Are you my Fairy Godmother?" Initially taken aback, I said, " No, but I can wait for her with you here, Ella." I said, smiling. Elsa started telling how she was tortured by her stepmom and step-sisters and was mockingly called Cinderella as she was always covered in cinders. I assured her, " Ella, you are hard-working and skilled, and in a short time, you will escape this dire situation, as someone notices your worth." A glad Cinderella very quickly took me to the kitchen, whipped some blueberries with cream, and made a pretty lipstick for me, one very similar to the dress she would be wearing for the ball. After some time, as she was longing to visit the Prince's Ball, the Fairy Godmother appeared from nowhere. I left the place, happy for her.
I wandered further, into the woods. It was getting dark, and I was scared as the forest grew denser. But a few yards ahead, I could see a tiny hut with a strikingly small door. How could someone enter a door so small? To my astonishment, a very beautiful girl with small black hair and a red ribbon came out of the door. She looked happy and cheerful. I went up to her, "Princess Snow White, what a pleasant surprise!" She turned pale, frightened, " Shhhh! I am hiding here; if my stepmother, the Queen, comes to know I am alive, she will kill me." I smiled and encouraged her, " My princess, you are the purest and the most kind soul, and kindness can win any situation. Do not worry. You would rule the kingdom one day." An excited Snow White, who had some apples in her hand, took me into the small hut and made a stunning red lipstick from the pulp, a shade that resembled her ribbon. I left the place.
I intended to get out of the woods when all of a sudden, I caught hold of a girl in a red hood, walking alone with a basket full of bread, cheese and wine. She looked scared. I went to her. "Hello, Red Riding Hood, where are you going?" She was relieved to see me in the deserted woods, " Oh, thanks Almighty, you are here, kind soul. I was so scared of the dangerous creatures around. I have to go to my grandmother's house to give her this basket, as she is not well." I assured her, " You are brave and sharp, you will be able to fight any evil creature. Don't worry, you will be safe." A happy Red Riding Hood poured some wine from the bottle and made a lipstick for me. I thanked her and left.
As I walked myself out of the woods, I found myself standing in front of a huge palace. The huge iron gates were covered with creepers. There was a vast garden, veiled in shrubs and creepers, but at one corner, there was a shrub of lovely roses, and sitting there was a young girl with light brown hair and a lovely yellow gown, sobbing. Was that Belle? I went near her. "Belle, why are you crying?" Belle looked at me. "The Beast is no more, he has waited for me for long and dies in my grief." I consoled her, " Don't you worry, look closely at him, you will know what to do. I promise neither he is dead, nor he is a beast." Glad, she happily plucked a few roses and made lipstick by grinding them to gift me. I thanked and signalled her to go to her Prince, and left the place.
It was almost midnight, and I knew I had to return home. But I had such a lovely time with these girls. They still did not know that one day, their unique qualities would be loved and celebrated by everyone, especially kids. And if you might ask why I didn't help any of the girls when they were struggling so much, well, they were enough.
This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop

Comments
Post a Comment