Feedbacks- Friend or Foe #blogchatterbloghop

I still remember that, as a newlywed, every time I prepared a new dish, I eagerly sought feedback. Well, I have stopped doing that nowadays. I started as a blogger in 2011. As I started my blog from Europe, I began engaging with other European bloggers and was surprised to receive their feedback and comments on my blog. It was an undeclared bond that we established. I still remember making some sort of pen pal with one of the loveliest French women, who hopped between New York and Paris and had a career in Fashion. She was eager to know about my culture, and so was I. We continued to leave feedback on our latest blog posts, and thus, our curiosity was piqued to learn more about our culture and lifestyle. 

Back to now, after 14 years of blogging, I realised it always helps to gather the best feedback from a community that shares my interests. I get feedback from other writers, book bloggers and movie enthusiasts about whatever I write. These are genuine pieces of feedback from people who are doing the same things, without judgment. These are the ones that can help us improve our craft. With the increased reach in Social Media, it becomes difficult to control our engagement, and some feedback, laden with judgment, can actually be harmful. 


Now coming to platforms- I am a part of a few platforms, like Blogchatter, Penmancy and Authoropod. I take part in their ongoing blogging challenges. These are the ones that have helped me get the best feedback, which has made me more enthusiastic about improving my craft. Their constructive criticism has definitely acted as a guide in my writing journey. The entire blogchatter team of Suchita, Sona, Geethika and Leha had been incredibly supportive. Kajal Kapoor of Penmancy has been and still is a great guide in sharing the right kind of feedback with me. Nilshree of Authoropod has been equally helpful.

Blog hops like Blogaberrydazzle by Cindy and Noor and the ECM Bloghop by Manali and Sukaina have allowed me to connect with other incredible bloggers whose feedback I value. When bloggers and writers like Manali Desai, Deepti Menon, Tomichan Matheikal, Vidya Sanath, Ambica Gulati, Mandira Adhikari, Zenobia Merchant, Pinkii Bakshi, Samata Dey Bose, Roma Gupta Sinha and Rupa Rao leave their genuine feedback and encourage me, I know exactly what I am doing and where I can improve. 

Feedback for me has been incredibly helpful, like a guiding light. But I don't consider it as a sole determining factor in how good/bad I am. I consider them as an assurance. If I don't get any, I either take a break or continue making more content. When I started my new blog, I was not getting any feedback, as my reach was almost nil. But when I joined the blogger/writer community, I slowly and steadily started getting noticed. I would always place emphasis on consistency and showing up, rather than leaving it entirely for feedback. Because at the end of the day, what I do is I do from my heart, and I would continue to do that because of my love for it. And I am immensely grateful to be a part of this community. 

P.S. Your feedback, please!!

This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Same Forest, That Same Fire #BlogchatterBloghop

Top 5 Classic Bengali Patriotic Films #EveryConversationMatters

Self-Reflection and Realization