Top 5 Films to watch on Valentine's Day
It's that lovey-dovey time of the year. Ironically this year, Valentine's Day falls on the same day as Saraswati Puja, which we Bengalis jokingly call as Valentine's Day of the Bengalis. I used to be a romantic movie fan but later lost interest in that genre. So, I am not aware of the recent romantic movies, especially those released after 2010.
However, this year, I am feeling like rewatching the ones I once enjoyed watching. So, here are the top 5 movies that I would love to rewatch on Valentine's Day:
1. P.S. I Love You: I know I know, cliché but can't help, I have read the book and watched the 2007 movie so many times during those times when it was released. However, I almost forgot about it but today while writing this post, I could not stop myself from keeping it at no.1. Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler - how wonderful they looked together! Well, I gotto watch it, like really.
2. The Notebook: Another hot favourite of romantic movie lovers is this 2004 film. Now I have not read the book but I had watched the movie a few times and could not get enough of it. The fact that the lead pair, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were dating at that time made their chemistry so lovable on screen, I guess.
3. Love and Other Drugs: When two cute people come together, you can expect the best. And exactly that is the case with this 2010 movie starring my very favourite, Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal. Now this is not so much of a mushy romance like the other 2, and contains a lot of foul language and drug scenes, but what the heart of the movie has is unconditional love, a life-partner who is there for you through your thick and thin.
4. Valentine's Day: Another cute film for romantic film lovers, this 2010 film has all the biggest stars, a very Gary Marshall thing. You get to see Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Jamie Foxx, Anne Hathaway in one movie...wow! And I absolutely don't care about the negative reviews. I like the film.
5. When Harry Met Sally: Hmmm, I was wondering whether to keep this 1989 film, or Roman Holiday on the 5th spot, but I decided on this one. This one is the oldest in this list and I had watched it long back, perhaps when I was in college. So, definitely I do not remember the scenes clearly but remember how wonderful the movie starring sweetheart Meg Ryan and Bill Crystal was (Frankly I remember him as the man at the Oscars when we were young)
What's your favourite romantic film? Suggest a few after the 2010.